Read the Criteria
Write your Essay
- Go to the scholarship criteria page.
- Click the name of the scholarship to which you want to apply.
- A new window will open with the application page from the Scholarship Office web site.
- Please read all the information provided for each scholarship carefully! If you do not submit all of the application materials and meet the eligibility requirements, your application will not be sent for committee review.
Submit Your Application and Essay Online
- Prepare your essay for each scholarship in a word processing application before beginning the online application process. Make sure your essay meets and does not exceed 500 words. Do not double space your essay or it will not fit into the online application essay text box.
- After you review each scholarship’s application requirements carefully, access the online application at the end of each scholarship’s requirements by clicking on the Apply Online link.
- Apply using your SDSU RedID number and WebPortal password. Submit a separate online application and essay for each scholarship.
- Copy your essay from your word processing application and paste it into the online application essay text box. Proofread it again.
- Submit additional application materials to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships by October 12th.
For more information on the scholarship process, visit the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships website.